[leafnode-list] Re: texpire and long expiry times

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Am 19.06.2010, 17:04 Uhr, schrieb Robert Marshall:
>
>> Way back in November 2008 I changed the expiry for one group from
>> 42 days to 366 days. I then didn't see any articles expire for that
>> group until around December 2009 (more or less expected). However
>> once the anniversary passed when lots of articles were deleted it
>> went back to no articles at all being deleted.
>>
>> This group has posts more or less every day so I was expecting it
>> to be trimming back ones which were over a year old. They're aren't
>> any *very* long threads (I was just using texpire -vvvv) and I
>> using my newsreader wasn't inspecting very old articles (just me
>> using the server) so I'm a bit puzzled as to why nothing was being
>> expired.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> this might show because leafnode-2 expires thread-based unless you
> add the -a option. However given this case I'd like to ask you to
> save the .overview file of the group, and a lsmac.pl (a script
> shipped in the tools/ source directory) listing of the group
> directory first, so we have any chance at all at figuring out what
> might cause this.

OK, I have these would you like me to gzip them and email them to you - I'm
seeing quite a few lines in the lsmac.pl output like this (taking one which
looks old)

2009-01-04 08:51:38Z 2008-11-19 07:25:08Z 2009-01-04 08:47:15Z   2     2503
/var/spool/news/uk/religion/christian/291274

I'm assuming it's one line per news post and there isn't other data later on?

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall