[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode not getting new groups
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode not getting new groups
- From: Antoine Levitt <smeuuh@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 01:32:12 +0200
- Authentication-results: krusty.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de (amavisd-new); dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- Authentication-results: krusty.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de (amavisd-new); domainkeys=pass email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 27 May 2011 01:32:27 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=yuOJiINc6ob8U1k3Kx8VsK+9nbNihsCRA3Gq+hZPYh0=; b=ee5DvmZDJb9pGLToeL+gxf+nW1wYpD0Bcf36rP5FVll7exLOnJZ7JD4M+iqUw7I+Z5 oFiVXe8/AoHdyvvlHCMLbz94cXEf5F+621ff28JH6wUlCNHYGMTsk3Up3/NkPnvKLooZ CMI7MxZc6H4kJ/5X2xn2zV9SHjIaJ90P04Bps=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; b=I641edwgk7MYC9WzbCCKQjPVZvxZeS7uPaX2XmVmNPaKEN1PjiHXrk/+GWWtWd9I2U A1RlU/adn8s59vwS0ebbC0Xze+n+v6R8Mv8pCQOgBkBlaAvmNGlui2LRMkA1KrJiVa6a wpGWMmeMvB3OA8LFGJmaJ2xLI+QOFcRjSHrCk=
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
27/05/11 01:17, Matthias Andree
> Am 26.05.2011 22:07, schrieb Antoine Levitt:
>> I use leafnode 2 to sync to news.gwene.org. I have nothing special in my
>> configuration, but fetchnews keeps saying
>> news.gwene.org: found 0 new newsgroups
>> even though there are. For instance, one group I'm missing is
>> gwene.com.shmup, which I suscribed today. It works fine on news.gwene.org.
>> tried nodesc, didn't change anything. Also tried
>> removing /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo, to no avail.
> The latter can't help as it's only the merged list of all locally
> available groups and gets recreated, but bears little relation to when
> the server's group list was last downloaded.
> Leafnode 2's fetchnews tries the NEWGROUPS command, and from what I can
> see in my tests, news.gwene.org (running INN 2.5.1 NNRPD) appears to
> implement that properly, I see gwene.com.shmup was added after May 1st
> 2011 0:00 UTC.
> Now, questions:
> - what does leafnode-version print?
> - what file system is used for your /var/spool/news?
Ext4, it's not a weird NTFS or anything.
> - is there anything that modifies, touches, or otherwise change the
> news.gwene.org "mtime" stat() attribute? Leafnode touches the file to
> record what time it had last used for "NEWGROUPS", and if the mtime gets
> bumped (increased) behind leafnode's back, that's why it fails.
I don't think so. Only weird thing I can think of would be a suspend
right in the middle of a leafnode check. Oh, and we got a time change
march 27 over here, and it's not entirely impossible that troubles began
around that date.
> You can watch what leafnode sends with:
> fetchnews -nvveD131 -S news.gwene.org | grep '^>NEWGROUPS'
antoine@lambda:~$ sudo fetchnews -nvveD131 -S news.gwene.org 2>&1 | grep -C4
check_date: news.gwene.org: server time 1306452403, our time 1306452403
news.gwene.org: checking for new newsgroups
>NEWGROUPS 110526 232628 GMT
<231 New newsgroups follow
news.gwene.org: found 0 new newsgroups
news.gwene.org: feedtype == NNTP.
Not sure how to understand this ...
> After you've looked at all that, the recovery is to either simply run
> "fetchnews -f" to fetch all group lists from all servers, or,
> lighter-weight, to remove the last:news.gwene.org* files. Either voids
> some way to understand what has caused this.
I'll wait before doing this then.
leafnode-list mailing list