[leafnode-list] hostname

My leafnode (2.0 20090908)’s fetchnews recently stopped working.

It started complaining about an unqualified hostname.

Previously, setting hostname in the /etc/leafnode/config file was
enough, but now it ignores that in favour of the string returned
by uname(2).

I had to specify the fqdn to hostname(1) to get fetchnews to work.

(I prefer not to because doing so causes unnecessary and undesired
dns checks as if the domain option were specified in resolv.conf.)

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

I can always patch the src to skip that check, but I don’t see why
the behaviour would have changed....

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6