[leafnode-list] Re: hostname

Am 02.08.2011 01:17, schrieb James Cloos:
> It turns out that leafnode checks the output of gethostname(2) for a
> fqdn before doing anything else, so the hostname in the config file
> provides no help in avoiding that failure.
>
> I don't have a good explanation for why the value reported by glibc's
> implementation of gethostname(2) has changed on this box.  I've always
> set the node name to an unqualified hostname, as doing otherwise causes
> name lookups to check the request in the node name's domain name before
> checking in ., which is a(n often painful) waste of time.
>
> For now I kludged a fix in miscutil.c:whoami() to set the real hostname
> before calling is_validfqdn().
>
> Longer term leafnode needs to honour the hostname setting in the config file.

Jim,

Can I see the lines of your /etc/hosts file that contain your hostname,
IOW, the output of:

  grep `hostname` /etc/hosts

I'd also like to see these three files:

  /etc/nsswitch.conf

  /etc/host.conf

  /etc/resolv.conf

Feel free to send the stuff off-list directly to me if you're
uncomfortable with showing that data to the public.

If you want to GnuPG encrypt it, my key id is 0x052E7D95.

Best regards,
Matthias