[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20110811a.luascript?snapshot?available

clemens fischer wrote:

> ... goes like this (just an example):
>
>  # /etc/leafnode/filters
>  #
>  # <URL:man:5 filterfile>
>  # <URL:man:3 pcrepattern>
>  #
>  ### all groups
>  newsgroups = .*
>  # do not fetch articles older than 365 days
>  maxage = 365
>  action = kill
>  #
>  newsgroups = local\.test
>  body = this-I-never-want-to-see-in-an-article
>  action = kill

Or, how about this:

  newsgroups = .*
  # do not fetch articles older than 365 days
  pattern = ^From:.
  action = 1
  maxage = 365
  action = -377
  #
  newsgroups = linux
  body = this-I-care-about-no-matter-how-old-the-article
  action = +399

Leafnode will score down articles a year old or over, but if the body
contains <see-long-string-above>, the score is shifted into view.  In
contrast to the older implementation, the entire filter chain is
examined, the article isn't rejected once its score goes below zero, but
only when the score is below zero _after all the filters have been
applied_!

This works in the Lua leafnode, but even if the Lua is disabled.  It was
a fallout of the cached-bodies rework.

clemens