[leafnode-list] Re: texpire deleting more articles than it should

On 2011-09-11, Matthias Andree wrote:

>>> They are gone now, but I think they were real dups.
>>
>> Weird, I can't think how that happened.
>
> I posted possibilities to this thread:
>
> http://www.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/pipermail/leafnode-list/2011q3/002400.html

OK, I was aware of the possibility (and the fix, using "texpire -r")
when copying or moving the spool (which I've done, when replacing a
hard drive), and I recall that some (but not many) version changes
require the same repair operation, but real duplication like that
can't happen on an unchanging (except for the spool content) system,
can it?

AIUI, leafnode checks messages against MIDs already in the spool when
downloading from upstream servers, right?

Does it reject messages from local news clients that have MIDs that
duplicate those already on the leafnode spool?