[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode and mail2news gateway

John A. Wallace said on 16.2.2012 17:31:
> Hello. Is there a way for me to use Leafnode as a MTA in a mail2news gateway?
> I am wondering whether I could have a public mail account for receiving
> messages, which would then be retrieved (fetchmail?), fed to leafnode and
> forwarded on to a gateway or usenet server? Is this reasonably doable without
> hacking? Thanks.

Take a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/postnews/.
I have this nicely added to .procmailrc and it works fine posting mails on our internal leafnode powered news server.

Naturally, be aware of legal/privacy/etc... concerns.

--
Tomy <t.petrovic@xxxxxxx>