[leafnode-list] Re: Running trn with Leafnode?

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 06:14:47PM -0700, Hart Larry wrote:
> Well, in asking this in blind Linux lists-and-elsewhere, I installed
> Leafnode here in Debian, but my binary news-reader of choice is trn.
> Cannn some1 please inform on steps I can have these 2 work together?

The short explanation is:
1) Run leafnode as server
2) connect your newsreader to localhost

I would do the following:

`telnet localhost 119` to see if there is a newsserver running on your
machine. (Be sure that it can not be contacted from anywhere else.) IF
that works, great. When logged in with TELNET type `LIST` which will show
you groups. If you see many groups, then you have already retrieved
things. If not, then you did not.
Do a `fetchnews -vvv` and see what happens.

If there are no errors there, then it might be a trn issue. Post a test
message (to a test group)
http://www.anta.net/misc/telnet-troubleshooting/nntp.shtml
After posting, run `fetchnews -vvv` again.

Also look at the 'interested.groups' directory and add do as root `touch
alt.test` to be sure at least that group is available.
Run `fetchnews -vvv` again if you have added it.

If telnet to port 119 on localhost is not working, you are not yet have a
running leafnode. Read all the files that come with it and explain here in
detail what you already did. Read

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: