[leafnode-list] Re: FQDN and systemd

On 2014-12-15, 19:35 GMT, Matthias Andree wrote:
> it does not appear to be "required"; it seems to be
> a convenience wrapper of some bloatware tool collection that
> believes it knows everything better.

Believe I am not the one to fight too hard for systemd and its
related projects, but ... anyway, fair game, it's your package,
so you are to decide.

While working on the Fedora package for Leafnode 2 our rpmlint
tool told me (among other things, which are mostly my issues)
about this:

    file-not-utf8
        /usr/share/doc/leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20140727b/AUTHORS
        /usr/share/doc/leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20140727b/TODO
        /usr/share/man/man8/fetchnews.8.gz
    The character encoding of this file is not UTF-8.

    incorrect-fsf-address
        /usr/share/doc/leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20140727b/COPYING.LGPL
    The Free Software Foundation address in this file seems to
    be outdated or misspelled.  Update the address, or if this
    is a license file, possibly the entire file with a new copy
    available from the FSF. See
    http://www.fsf.org/about/contact/ and
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.html

    non-standard-dir-perm
        /var/spool/news 02755L
        /var/spool/news/leaf.node 02755L
    A standard directory should have permission set to 0755. If
    you get this message, it means that you have wrong directory
    permissions in some dirs included in your package.

    non-readable
        /etc/leafnode/filters 0640L
        /etc/leafnode/local.groups 0640L
        /etc/leafnode/uucp 0640L
        /etc/leafnode/config 0640L
    The file can't be read by everybody.

I am not saying that I agree with all of these (particularly
permission issues are very difficult, and perhaps I have screwed
up somewhere in my building scripts and these permissions are
actually not what you think is best; speak up, please, then!),
but I think it could be helpful to let you know about these.

Best,

MatÄj