[leafnode-list] Re: FTBFS on RHEL-7

On 27/07/14 22:10, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> It is possible to define in the .spec file (roughly equivalent of
>> Debianâs debian/ directory) that before installation of the package on
>> target system new user will be created (installation of the package
>> obviously runs as root) and then it could be defined which files should
>> be set as owned by defined group or user. But I cannot create new user
>> on the build system (and I don't think it makes any sense anyway).
>
> I think release 20140727b should address your needs - just run
> ./configure with --enable-runas-user=`id -gn` and make sure that your
> spec file creates the user before install, and that your .spec file's
> %files section sets the proper owner and group for the directories.
>
> Let me know how it goes.

In all fun around Gitorious I have missed this. Your solution doesn't
work for me. I wrote (and it is true) that INSTALLATION runs as root. We
quite certainly not BUILD as root and there is no chance in hell I would
ever get anything running as root on the build machines of Fedora (or
RHEL), so I am certainly not able to create a new user on the build system.

Or do you want to say that value of --enable-runas-user parameter
doesnât matter anyway, so I can put there any random value (like $(id -gn)).

Also, you probably didnât mean id -gn, right? What does *user* has to do
with *group* value (which is what id -gn gives us)?

*Curious*

Best,

MatÄj
--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx

The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks
to live at the expense of everyone else.
      -- Frederick Bastiat

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx

"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very
simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see
rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
   -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery