[leafnode-list] Re: weird crash on RHEL-7

On 25/12/14 12:01, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
I haven't tried to build yet. Too much family at Christmas. I love how the message always is:

"It failed: Success."

Am I correct in reading the message as saying: "Cannot get the uid of "news"?

Doug.
Build went OK, but when I run fetchnews without any config, I get:

mkstemp(/var/spool/news/leaf.node/lock.file.XXXXsODg0Z) failed: Permission denied

I am using my existing leaf.node, plainly the permissions have changed? At present they are:

drwxr-sr-x

If I run fetchnews as news, it isn't found.

Doug.