[leafnode-list] Re: Help with postfix ... sending messages as news@localhost

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:47:56 +0100
MatÄj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have fixed and cleaned up pygn (https://gitlab.com/mcepl/pyg,
> originally https://packages.debian.org/sid/pyg) so that now I am
> able to add to my ~/.procmailrc this line:
>
> :0:
> *
> ^List-Id:.*cebranik.evangnet.net | pygm2n -l $HOME/.log-pygm2n -a
> cebranik@xxxxxxxxxxxx -n local.faith.cebranik
>
> Which works perfectly for INCOMING messages, messages from the
> list are redirected to my local newsgroup.
>
> Local group local.faith.cebranik is defined in
> /etc/leafnode/local.groups as
>
>     local.faith.cebranik    m       List pÅÃznivcÅ ÄCE BranÃk
>
> with moderation defined in /etc/leafnode/moderators as
>
>     local.faith.cebranik:cebranik@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I would hope this moderation construct could do the other side
> of the gateway, sending posts to my newsgroup to the list (for
> âapprovalâ, but in fact it would work as news2mail gateway).
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Despite From: header being sent
> correctly, all those messages are send via postfix as coming
> from news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mitmanek is a short hostname of
> the computer the leafnode runs on), which certainly doesnât make
> my ISPâs smtp server much happy.
>
> Can I persuade leafnode to set up envelope Sender for the
> approval messages as the same as From in the message itself
> (which is set by the newsreader), or does anybody have developed
> a method how to persuade postfix to rewrite sender address to be
> the same as From iff the mail comes from the user news?
>
> Best,
>
> MatÄj

I played around with Postfix years ago.  I think that I had the same
problem, or something like it.  There is a mailing list for Postfix.
This "standard example" is for somebody in your situation (I think):
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#fantasy
Many others are shown there.

Doug.