[leafnode-list] Re: Help with postfix ... sending messages as news@localhost

On 2014-12-31, 19:57 GMT, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> I played around with Postfix years ago.  I think that I had
> the same problem, or something like it.  There is a mailing
> list for Postfix. This "standard example" is for somebody in
> your situation (I think):
> http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#fantasy
> Many others are shown there.

I know that ... it is not a problem for me to statically
translate local user to some external address (I do it for my
internal email addresses). The trick I need to learn (and
I believe postfix is capable of doing) is how to persuade
postfix WHEN the sender is news@localhost to pick the real
address from From: header.

Does anybody know?

/me goes to search for the postfix email list

MatÄj