[leafnode-list] Re: Help with postfix ... sending messages as news@localhost

On 2014-12-31, 19:47 GMT, MatÄj Cepl wrote:
> Can I persuade leafnode to set up envelope Sender for the
> approval messages as the same as From in the message itself
> (which is set by the newsreader), or does anybody have developed
> a method how to persuade postfix to rewrite sender address to be
> the same as From iff the mail comes from the user news?

Hmm,
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/248085/focus=248088

this unfortunately seems to be rather definitive. Matthias,
would it be possible to modify leafnode so that (optionally,
default off) mails for approval would be sent as with

/usr/sbin/sendmail -f <the-same-email-as-from-header> approval-address

(of course, it is a responsibility of the system admin to make
sure /usr/sbin/sendmail is permitted to run with -f parameter)

The alternative would be to employ even the other part of my pyg
project news2mail script, but the misuse of the approval emails
would make the configuration a way more simple.

Best, and ein glÃckliches neues Jahr!

MatÄj