[leafnode-list] Re: Sorry for Gitorious!

Am 05.03.2015 um 15:50 schrieb MatÄj Cepl:
> Hi,
>
> I was forcing myself to write this for some time already, but
> this message
> https://about.gitlab.com/2015/03/03/gitlab-acquires-gitorious/
> just pushed me over the top. I am sorry for suggesting
> gitorious. It was wrong choice. Meanwhile, I am in the process
> of switchin all my Gitorious repos (and many Github ones) to
> Gitlab (https://gitlab.com/). I have also created
> https://gitlab.com/leafnode-2/leafnode-2 as a clean repo of the
> main one.
>
> So, could you survive one more switch of the git hosting?
>
> Best,

Hi MatÄj,

don't grieve over that suggestion, Gitorious has served us well (if a
bit slow lately), and I have never rued the decision to use it.  But
apparently it has been out in the cold for too long without moving
sufficiently ahead, and now huddles underneath somebody else's wings.

And I am wondering how much longer NNTP and/or Usenet will be around.
It seems to be on the fall, too.

Leafnode will surely survive a move of the repository, especially since
it appears there is a bit of assistance from your end... :-)

The bright side of Git, Mercurial, and its lot is that it permits you to
keep the entire metadata in each clone so nobody is having an easy time
locking up your data and blackmailing you to release it.   The dark
BitKeeper days are gone... when they were about to keep bits to
themselves, boom.

Best,
Matthias