[leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install

Am 30.05.2015 um 09:05 schrieb Danil Smirnov:
> Hi Matthias!
>
> I trying to install leafnode on my Centos 7 box.
> I've installed xinetd package (2.3.15 version),
> enabled leafnode service and opened it in the
> config with /etc/hosts.allow proper configuration.
>
> I can see leafnode service as running in xinetd.
>
> But I could not connect to the server from outside -
> I got 'connection refused' error.
>
> I see nothing wrong in logs.
>
> How could I debug this?

Good question.

Can you connect internally?

Is xinetd actually running or is just some configuration tool listing it
(or leafnode) as enabled?

Can you check, for instance, with netstat or lsof, what process is
listening on port 119?  What address is the listener bound to? Should be
the wildcard (0.0.0.0).

Is there any firewall/iptables configuration active?

If there is a router involved, does it expose/forward the port to the
computer running xinetd and leafnode?

Is the computer reachable from the outside at all (and not subject to
dual-stack Lite or IPv4 NAT)?