[leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install

On Sat, 30 May 2015 11:54:33 +0200
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 30.05.2015 um 10:30 schrieb Danil Smirnov:
> > Thanks Matthias!
> >
> >> Good question.
> >>
> >> Can you connect internally?
> >
> > I'm not familar with any console nntp readers. Are there easy way
> > to do that?
> >
> >> Is xinetd actually running or is just some configuration tool
> >> listing it (or leafnode) as enabled?
> >>
> >> Can you check, for instance, with netstat or lsof, what process is
> >> listening on port 119?  What address is the listener bound to?
> >> Should be the wildcard (0.0.0.0).
> >
> > lsof -i | grep xinetd
> > xinetd     7581     root    5u  IPv6 16752624      0t0  TCP *:nntp
> > (LISTEN)
> >
> > Hm, does this mean that is listen with TCP6 only?
>
> I presume so, on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS,
> I get this lsof for Postfix's smtp port (one IPv4 and one IPv6):
>
> COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
> master  5156 root   12u  IPv4  22130      0t0  TCP *:smtp (LISTEN)
> master  5156 root   13u  IPv6  22131      0t0  TCP *:smtp (LISTEN)
>
> I do not have the CentOS 7 manuals here, only Fedora 20, and there
>
> 	flags = IPv4 IPv6
>
> might help. Check the xinetd.conf manual.

Just for comparison, I have Leafnode running on Mageia5 RC, with a new
ipv6-compliant router, and I get:

$ sudo lsof | grep nntp
xinetd     3073                   root    5u     IPv4
24976          0t0        TCP *:nntp (LISTEN)

Doug.