[leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:33:01 +0200
MatÄ Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2015-05-30, 20:36 GMT, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > But most of us are running leafnode-orig.  I have systemd, and it
> > installs xinetd just to run leafnode.  The setup "just works."
>
> Sorry, my mistake ... I got confused by the number of xinetd
> (2.*) and mistake it for the number of leafnode.
>
> Then I just donât understand why somebody uses his own build of
> leafnode anyway. EPEL-7 has perfectly maintained (by me ;))
> leafnode-1, which has all systemd stuff in place as well
> (http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/leafnode.git/tree/?h=epel7).
> Just
>
> # yum install leafnode
>
> and you should be ready to go with the commands I listed
> previously. No xinetd needed. Any possible bugs are welcomed in
> the Red Hat Bugzilla.
>
> Best,
>
> MatÄj

That is what I do, only with urpmi.  It should work with centos.
Looking at the xinetd.d directory,  I have files for cvs, proftpd and
sshd, but this is the first time I have installed the last two, and
normally, leafnode pulls in xinetd, which is a separate package, and a
distinct service in systemd.

Doug.