[leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install

Hello again,

if you can track this down to "no network error", then there's just one thing left...

Am 07.06.2015 um 21:35 schrieb Danil Smirnov:
p.s. traceroute shows that everything is just okay.

So both traceroutes get through to your server?

That is what I get from another virtual machine of the same server:

telnet host1.mydomain.tld nntp
Trying  ip.ip.ip.ip...
telnet: connect to address ip.ip.ip.ip: No route to host

So this is not the network problem.
This is the problem with the configuration of the server.

Since it works from your local machine, the connection between leafnode and xinetd should be working.

Since it's not working from any other machine, and you confirmed the network to be up and running alright, it could be xinetd.

Talking about xinetd I remember some standard configuration: xinetd has some lines in the config, that
a) disable the service at all (must be removed)
b) rejects(?) any connection from outside.

So look out for
only_from
no_access
in all relevant (leafnode and global) config files from xinetd.

Is there any other kind of packetfilter running?

And reading some google results another idea: Have you tried telnetting your IP and port nntp instead of telnetting your servername?

Have a nice day...

Martin