[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: feed leafnode from the command line
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: feed leafnode from the command line
- From: Theodore Heise <theo@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 14:00:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:00:45 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1436724036; bh=U1o4aly24NbSXin9/pEzCT6RrMJcGjP1FO576IoeEbg=; h=Received:Received:Received:Date:From:To:Subject:Message-ID: MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=AbH6m5iF9qocmjiF6OmQOAom3E0MkZjGMUzwIBNKi/W7UhDNHcOLxsBCNZDS/+jO3 ECfcK75s1RZG91wWIdfxrYym1qUxqxtkR7PT1y+7QHnjfbz/7NfAu6/PmYZ45/nKRz Fh5JwyAuQO+nlyATcK5FZUWhBglZFVTZ1QFF5LJ6l0GVnPg99zPKbOnPMRw79sKxEI rwHsl2QzjRWw9CboiIaeVcLoPjRWoItDcPa+wnXiUGaXNWukdU2cQY72T6AnuTGIHy kKkIg82msPaWOZ7ZZb9jkbNdD5qdG8b9bMzBcKRlbbKHnxoCSdiY5lsJYXGHbQvIeB SDp+1ezP0tIlw==
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 12 Jul 2015, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
On 12/07/2015 11:08 PM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
Just for the record - this works, dropping an RFC-compliant
message in out.going and running fetchnews sends the message.
That said, if you can put in out.going a message that your news
server will accept, leafnode will probably post it for you. The
first part is the hardest.
But as Doug wrote, it's /writing/ the message correctly that is
the hard part.
Not exactly the same thing, but I use a different From: header for
one group, and do the change manually in my news client (slrn).
Every now and then I forget to make the change. I have tried
editting the post in out.going before the next run of fetchnews, but
the change never seems to take. Not sure why that would be the
Theodore (Ted) Heise <theo@xxxxxxxx> Bloomington, IN, USA
leafnode-list mailing list