[leafnode-list] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] using leafnode for a small site, like web forum?

On 2015-07-18, 07:29 GMT, David Melik wrote:
> I run a small site and would like to set up Leafnode with only certain
> newsgroups, and link it to FUDForum--web forum software that can use
> Usenet. How would I go about linking Leafnode to one or more Usenet
> servers and being sure a few people could post about as much as they
> want? I do not even know if anyone will sign up, if make a forum (which

Notice only_groups_pcre argument in /etc/leafnode/config. You
can say that the particular server holds only RE matching
groups. E.g., I have this in my config file:

    server = news.gmane.org
    only_groups_pcre = g(mane|wene)\.

I donât know much about authentication in leafnode, but I guess
it should be possible to do it, somehow.

MatÄj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review
       of Pennsylvania, 1759.