[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] using leafnode for a small site, like web forum?
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] using leafnode for a small site, like web forum?
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 22:25:45 +0200
- Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 22:26:08 +0200
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:gOwVwhEophknWpHurE4lyJ1GYnF86YWxBRYc798ds5kLTJ75ocuwAkXT6L1XgUPTWs2DsrQf27GQ7v2rADBbqb+681k8M7V0HycfjssXmwFySOWkMmbcaMDQUiohAc5ZX0Vk9XzoeWJcGcL5ekGA6ibqtW1aJBzzOEJPK/jvHcaK1oLsh7v0psCYOlkTzBOGIppMbzyO5T3LsccXhYYwYo0Q8TDu5kVyRuJN2GlzLkiSlRuvru25/Zpk7jgC86l5r50IAu3GePE8QLVWCjMqPiUx5db3nRXfCwbK+nYXUmMXkVxUHk3J6wvmW4r3vm32u7lTwi6faOj/Uaw0WD25p45tRAXlhW9TMjcl7GHWg9c2haRXuh+sjxN608jYbdfGZ7JFYqrBcIZCFiJ6VcFLWnkZDw==
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.8.0
Am 20.08.2015 um 13:27 schrieb MatÄj Cepl:
> On 2015-07-18, 07:29 GMT, David Melik wrote:
>> I run a small site and would like to set up Leafnode with only certain
>> newsgroups, and link it to FUDForum--web forum software that can use
>> Usenet. How would I go about linking Leafnode to one or more Usenet
>> servers and being sure a few people could post about as much as they
>> want? I do not even know if anyone will sign up, if make a forum (which
> Notice only_groups_pcre argument in /etc/leafnode/config. You
> can say that the particular server holds only RE matching
> groups. E.g., I have this in my config file:
> server = news.gmane.org
> only_groups_pcre = g(mane|wene)\.
> I donât know much about authentication in leafnode, but I guess
> it should be possible to do it, somehow.
I wonder if a Web Forum is the right front-end to Usenet infrastructure.
I find the forums extremely inconcise and cumbersome to use.
Authentication was part of the Lua extension, but had bugs;
unfortunately, the maintainer, Clemens Fischer, disappeared, and so did
his domain - and ultimately, I had to remove the Lua stuff again,
there's only rudimentary PAM support, and it doesn't break down to group
leafnode-list mailing list