[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode 1.11.11 released (STABLE)

Am 28.08.2015 um 05:54 schrieb Doug Laidlaw:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:23:20 +0200
> MatÄj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 2015-08-25, 13:45 GMT, Danil Smirnov wrote:
>>> Are there any option to install the updated package to Centos 7?
>>> Please advice how to do that.
>>
>> Just enable EPEL-7
>> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL#How_can_I_use_these_extra_packages.3F)
>> including epel-testing repo and you will get it in couple of
>> days. Otherwise all build packages unsigned and without checks
>> (not that they would be that thorough) is at
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=680049
>>
>> MatÄj
>>
> Alternatively, wait until maintainers put it in your repos.  It sounds
> as though it is no big deal, just a couple of bugfixes.

Doug,

Ah yes, that would be the normal way, except... that one bug about the
::ffff:10.9.8.7-style IPv4-mapped-as-IPv6-addresses in the "check if the
peer is in the local networks" function had been biting Danil, which
prompted me to release the new version at all.

Danil, (courtesy carbon copy from a list message included)

there is a workaround for the access control, provided you have
firewalls (routers) and/or access control through xinetd's libwrap
feature and proper hosts.allow/hosts.deny files in place that filter
traffic from the outside.

To enable the workaround, check the explanations before "allowstrangers"
in the config.example file, and follow the multi-step explanation to the
letter and modify your config file according to the instructions there,
to enable the feature.
  I am deliberately not putting copy-and-pasteable instructions
somewhere or make this a "remove the comment hash" style option because
I want this to be a considerate and deliberated decision of the end user
due to inherent dangers.

HTH,
Matthias