[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: Traps for young players
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: Traps for young players
- From: Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:47:09 +1100
- Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:47:22 +0200
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:/uAZPh3OnOP9/ECfsmDT+DRfVm0co7zxezQtwd8ZsegQLvad9pjvdHbS+e9qxAeQG96Lt7Qb2qGM4/iocFdDyKjCmUhKSIZLWR4BhJdetC0bK+nBN3fGKuX3ZTcxBsVIWQwt1Xi6NU9IBJS2PAWK8TWM5DIfUi/yKRBybrysXNWC04Lohqvoq8WbSj4LrQT+SIs6FA+xowTVu5teqqpZAYF19CH0pGBVcf9d32JiKAHbtR/94sCt4MwrqHwI6Lpyv/JHBKH3dqo+SrBVSTAnKHwd6NGtuFzfQACP4HofFHkL1xZPGRTA8Rf2GJv84QXgse8o9C6HMoXSRLE4XT29p/NvQR7kjC4YLBY5933Uh902iq9H5hu88U8si7XIaZ2YYaItNpjWeskXEDJM
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:31:02 +0200
MatÄj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2015-10-11, 05:04 GMT, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > I then uninstalled Leafnode 1 and compiled Leafnode 2. That
> > worked, but removing the RPM removed the Leafnode file in
> > /etc/xinetd.d . I put that back, and restarted the xinetd
> > service. That was all it needed.
> Note that the removing of /etc/xinetd.d files is for the reason
> ... leafnode-2 on Fedora/RHEL doesnât need as it uses native
> systemd similar mechanism for start, see
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.leafnode/4774/focus=4786 .
Mageia uses systemd as well, but the copy of Leafnode 2 that I had on
hand still required xinetd. There was talk going on then, about
arranging in systemd the same security that xinetd could offer. When I
removed the Leafnode 1 RPM, it took the file in xinetd.d with it.
My version of Leafnode 2 may be out of date. Can you please give
me a git update command, or should I just download the latest tarball?
leafnode-list mailing list