[leafnode-list] Re: Traps for young players

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:31:02 +0200
MatÄj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2015-10-11, 05:04 GMT, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > I then uninstalled Leafnode 1 and compiled Leafnode 2.  That
> > worked, but removing the RPM removed the Leafnode file in
> > /etc/xinetd.d .  I put that back, and restarted the xinetd
> > service.  That was all it needed.
>
> Note that the removing of /etc/xinetd.d files is for the reason
> ... leafnode-2 on Fedora/RHEL doesnât need as it uses native
> systemd similar mechanism for start, see
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.leafnode/4774/focus=4786 .
>
> Best,
>
> MatÄj

Mageia uses systemd as well, but the copy of Leafnode 2 that I had on
hand still required xinetd. There was talk going on then, about
arranging in systemd the same security that xinetd could offer.  When I
removed the Leafnode 1 RPM, it took the file in xinetd.d with it.

My version of Leafnode 2 may be out of date.  Can you please give
me a git update command, or should I just download the latest tarball?

Doug.