[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install
- From: Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:59:53 +1100
- Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:00:29 +0100
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:mlov+RV+m3mnp/YFossA3hRfTpbV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZhKDt8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6PC9HzVaqs/Z6zgrS99laVwssY0uhQsuAcqIWwXQDcXBSGgEJvlET0Jv5HqhMEJYS47UblzWpWCuv3ZJQk2sfTR8Kum9IIPOlcP/j7n0oM2OJVwSz2PlOvtbF1afk0b4joEum4xsK6I8mFPig0BjXKBo/15uPk+ZhB3m5829r9ZJ+iVUvO89pYYbCf2pN/dwcbsNCDkvPWYy6MCusRjYUSOD+j0RF3kbmRpOAguD8Ay/UpDrri7nsOY71CTJE9fxSOUYXimtp4NiSRPsgThPYzow8W3Tg9NrpKJcvBGstlp5zpKSaZzDZ6k2Rb/UYd5PHTkJZc1WTSEUWo4=
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:42:56 +1100
Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 17:25:08 +0200
> MatÄj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2015-06-01, 12:08 GMT, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > > normally, leafnode pulls in xinetd, which is a separate package,
> > > and a distinct service in systemd.
> > Why is it pulling in xinetd? Systemd is for purposes of leafnode
> > 100% replacement of xinetd.
> > MatÄj
> Because the Mageia team is too small to keep that kind of thing
> updated. The package does have a maintainer, but he is a core
> member, and a busy person. There was talk earlier about systemd not
> offering the same security as xinet.d. I didn't understand that bit,
> but I suppose that he has to answer that issue.
> Security may not be as crucial to me on a single workstation. I have
> a firewall. I could have a go at writing the systemd files, but I
> have told them my health won't permit me to take any responsible
> place in the Mageia team.
I see that the latest release of Version 1 still uses xinetd. One
can't expect the distro to be one step ahead of the released tarball.
leafnode-list mailing list