[leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install

Am 27.10.2015 um 08:59 schrieb Doug Laidlaw:

> I see that the latest release of Version 1 still uses xinetd.  One
> can't expect the distro to be one step ahead of the released tarball.

OTOH there's at least half a dozen ways to get the leafnode deamon
launched on a listening TCP port, inetd in various flavours, xinetd,
apparently systemd provides its own mechanisms, ipsvd, ucspi-tcp, and
more, with all the service-starter-of-the-year on a particular OS.

It is not necessarily a requirement for upstream to support them all.

I will be happy to include contributions if they appear reasonably
reusable across systems.  If they are only for a particular system, I am
less inclined to include it, however.