[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: 502 Error for secondary server
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: 502 Error for secondary server
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 01:31:00 +0200
- Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 01:31:10 +0200
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:5V1teBXSVdouyHwJPsaqBlSPWzbV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZhSHt8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6PCwHzJdqszb+DBaKdoXCE9D0Z1X1yUbQ+e7SmTDZMbwaCI7GMkQHHRExFqcdXZvJcDlelfJqWez5zNBUj/2NA5yO/inUtWK15f/hKiO/MjXbgxGgj2xbPZ2LQ6qhQnN8MRTnYZpKqAwyV3Vvz5EfP5KwH5uKRSfkkXS/MC1qbtq7zhQuvs6v+dGXb/3cuxsSLVEEDQnOntz7cvnrxTOZQSK9j0QXzNFwVJzHwHZ4USiDd/KuSzgu78l1Q==
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.6.0
Am 17.04.2016 um 04:38 schrieb Doug Laidlaw:
> I have two news servers. One (the original, which I considered my
> "main" server) has fewer authentication requirements than the other. In
> my config file, I put it as the main server and the second as the server
> lower down, for additional messages. I added a username and password
> for it.
> I got the ERROR 502 message that the second server could not authenticate.
> I swapped the servers around, giving a full config at the beginning, and
> a blank "username" in the "additional" para, which now holds the former
> "main" server.
> Now everything works.
can you reproduce this, or was it just a temporary glitch?
If the former, which leafnode version is affected?
Can I see verbose logging of the failing situation, and configurations
(feel free to mail them off-list and encrypted with GnuPG if you have
privacy concerns, and please do mask the passwords with XXXX or similar).
leafnode-list mailing list