[leafnode-list] Re: 502 Error for secondary server

Am 17.04.2016 um 04:38 schrieb Doug Laidlaw:
> I have two news servers.  One (the original, which I considered my
> "main" server) has fewer authentication requirements than the other. In
> my config file, I put it as the main server and the second as the server
> lower down, for additional messages.  I added a username and password
> for it.
>
> I got the ERROR 502 message that the second server could not authenticate.
>
> I swapped the servers around, giving a full config at the beginning, and
> a blank "username" in the "additional" para, which now holds the former
> "main" server.
>
> Now everything works.

Hi Doug,

can you reproduce this, or was it just a temporary glitch?

If the former, which leafnode version is affected?

Can I see verbose logging of the failing situation, and configurations
(feel free to mail them off-list and encrypted with GnuPG if you have
privacy concerns, and please do mask the passwords with XXXX or similar).

Best regards,
Matthias