[leafnode-list] Re: New messages on server not seen

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 13:12:07 +1100
Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:00:42 +0100
> "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 2016-11-18 02:31, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> >
> > > I would normally attach a debug log, but:
> > > (a) my distro uses systemd;
> >
> > Then you can use "journalctl" to obtain logs. The problem is
> > "simply" to filter the output or get the proper options to it. Try
> > "grep" and some string, like fetchnews, leafnode, news...
> >
> > In my distro, which also uses systemd (openSUSE), you still can
> > install a syslog daemon and get classical logs.
> >

> Thanks Carlos.  That gets over the systemd issue, but not the lack of
> a place to put the "debug" command.  With systemd, it may not be
> needed.

The logs show nothing new. The whole computer has slowed down.  Maybe a
window closes first - a timeout.

Yes, in Mageia we can install rsyslog.

Doug.

--
Mageia release 6 for x86_64 running 4.8.1-desktop-1.mga6 with DE=Xfce
I agree with no man's opinions.  I have some of my own.