[leafnode-list] Re: New messages on server not seen

On 2016-11-18 03:12, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:00:42 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <> wrote:
On 2016-11-18 02:31, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

I would normally attach a debug log, but:
(a) my distro uses systemd;

Then you can use "journalctl" to obtain logs. The problem is "simply"
to filter the output or get the proper options to it. Try "grep" and
some string, like fetchnews, leafnode, news...

In my distro, which also uses systemd (openSUSE), you still can
install a syslog daemon and get classical logs.

Thanks Carlos.  That gets over the systemd issue, but not the lack of a
place to put the "debug" command.  With systemd, it may not be needed.

Command? Or do you mean that you want to read debug messages? As far as I know all the messages, including debug messages, get dumped to the systemd journal. In fact, I do not know how not to print debug messages.

But you have to tell leafnode to produce them, editing /etc/leafnode/config:

## The higher, the more output will be logged - note the debugging
## output is copious in any case, so leave this at 0 for normal use,
## and set to 1, 2 or 3 only for debugging.
# debugmode = 3
debugmode = 1

You would use a 3 in this case.

--
Cheers/Saludos

         Carlos E. R. (testing openSUSE Leap 42.2, at Minas-Anor)