[leafnode-list] Re: New messages on server not seen

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:00:42 +0100

> On 2016-11-18 02:31, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
>
> > I would normally attach a debug log, but:
> > (a) my distro uses systemd;
>
> Then you can use "journalctl" to obtain logs. The problem is "simply"
> to filter the output or get the proper options to it. Try "grep" and
> some string, like fetchnews, leafnode, news...
>
> In my distro, which also uses systemd (openSUSE), you still can
> install a syslog daemon and get classical logs.

I have run pan directly from the news servers, and I can see all the
missing messages.  Somehow, leafnode is the problem.  Before I file a
bug report with my distro, I need to run further tests.  I have just
moved from the Cauldron version (equivalent to Mandriva Cooker) to the
stable version.  That seems to have changed nothing.

The log in journalctl told me nothing I didn't already know.  Maybe I
should install from source?

I has Version 2 running earlier, but lost the github link.  Do you know
what it is?

Doug.

--
Mageia release 6 for x86_64 running 4.8.1-desktop-1.mga6 with DE=Xfce
I agree with no man's opinions.  I have some of my own.