[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: Where can I find current leafnode 2?
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: Where can I find current leafnode 2?
- From: Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 14:56:13 +1100
- Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 04:56:36 +0100
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:HnYzUB8tZm78Ff9uRHKM819IXTAuvvDOBiVQ1KB+2+gcTK2v8tzYMVDF4r011RmSAtWdtqoMotGVmp6jcFRI2YyGvnEGfc4EfD4+ouJSoTYdBtWYA1bwNv/gYn9yNs1DUFh44yPzahANS46tL2HV93m/5DAUHRnycA50PfjdFpKUgoGr2uuy/ZzQJRlVwTa6e693MRO66wnc5ecMho43BqEsxVPtq3pEf+1JjTdsLFOfmx/j/e+w+4Jg/jUWvf89scddB/apN58kRKBVWWx1e1s+49fm4EHO
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 03:47:30 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2017-03-09 01:22, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > Am 08.03.2017 um 13:18 schrieb Doug Laidlaw:
> >> The command I mentioned, autoreconf, seems to be the wrong one.
> >> Browse through the list archives. I am sure that it is set out
> >> somewhere there. Repositories like this do need a preliminary
> >> command to create the ./configure, etc. files. After that, you
> >> have a tarball. I avoid doing it as much as possible.
> > For Git checkouts,
> > autoreconf --install
> > is what you need.
> And then, ./configure and "make". Done.
> One more question: is the message archive compatible with version 1?
> That is, I have version 1 installed and running. Can I just configure
> and run version 2, and will it just use the existing message store?
> If this is documented, a migration doc, please just point me to it.
> (I have the feeling I did this on another computer, two or three years
> ago, then I forgot all the details...)
As a last step, run "make install." But the locations are different,
quite apart from everything being under /usr/local instead of /usr,
which isn't important in this case. [You can change that with
./configure --prefix=/usr , for example.
If you want to do that, from where you are now, run "make clean" to go
back to Square 1.]
Your config file is in /etc/leafnode, as before, and unchanged. What
Version 1 puts in /var/spool/news is now in /var/spool/leafnode. And
yes, you can just move the subdirectories to the new address, but I had
no real success with doing that. I didn't think of
renaming /var/spool/news to /var/spool/leafnode. The first run
complains about a missing config file. Just create it with the
"touch" command and set it to be owned by user and group news. There is
a README file in the archive, and a man page. If your distro uses
systemd, the files for that are in the systemd subdirectory of the
Mageia release 5 (Official) for x86_64
running 4.4.39-desktop-1.mga5 with DE=Xfce4
leafnode-list mailing list