[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: Where can I find current leafnode 2?
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: Where can I find current leafnode 2?
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 16:40:24 +0100
- Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 16:40:32 +0100
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:jUwWuxbSA6AtCgtu0+xHib3/LSx+4OfEezUN459isYplN5qZpsS/bnLW6fgltlLVR4KTs6sC0LWG9f24EUU7or+/81k6OKRWUBEEjchE1ycBO+WiTXPBEfjxciYhF95DXlI2t1uyMExSBdqsLwaK+i76vnYuHUD7OAN7IOP5F8vWjt+r/+yuvZCWfwhDhDy8YvVuMVC6qh/Ns9QQjc1uJ/Uf0BzM915BZ/hWxGpzbXuVkwzx64/k+Zd/7yRRsuln/shMS6j3V6s9XfpUAWJ1YCgO+MT3uEybHkO07XwGXzBOnw==
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.7.0
Am 11.03.2017 um 14:46 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
> I will tar the directory, then rename or link and texpire -r with the
> new version. I don't really care about recreating the store, but the
> problem is the client (Thunderbird), it would lose track of what I have
> read or marked.
Be sure to use a backup means that preserves hard links as such and does
not create copies of the the files individually on restore.
Leafnode relies on hard link relations.
I'm not currently sure whether the message markers will remain the same
though (though I believe so because there should not be a mass rename in
the news group directories), so you might also want to backup your
entire Thunderbird profile just in case.
Check the leafnode-2 documents for upgrading instructions, there are
some more details.
leafnode-list mailing list