[leafnode-list] Re: No address associated with hostname

Am 26.05.2017 um 12:14 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

>>> hostname

>>> Your resolver is not getting "news" resolved (from server = news) to an
>>> address.
>>>
>> âNope, the line is:
>>     server   = news.eternal-september.org
>>
> âI finally found the problem: there where two leafnode config files. There
> was one in /etc/leafnode and one in /etc/news/leafnode. I was editing the
> first, while I should be editing the second (but did not know it existed).
> Now everything works.

Good to read that you've solved the mystery. Can you figure out where
the various files came from?
Who packaged your leafnode version, or did you install yourself, or was
it a mix of both?
A distributor package, and then your manual install, or vice versa?

Note that the original config.example that ships with leafnode has set
"server = news.example.org" since 2004 (leafnode 1) or 2005 (leafnode 2
snapshots) already...

> And yes news was the server instead of the protocol. If they just would
> have used something like news.edit â

Assuming there is one and only one leafnode-version executable installed
on your computer, running it with "-v" gives you the obvious locations,
for instance: