[leafnode-list] Re: Why does this filter not work

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 03:30:13 +0200
Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I try to clean up my comp.lang.python. For this I call:
>     applyfilter comp.lang.python
>
> One of my filters is:
>     ^Subject:.*[ _]NAZISTA[ _]
>
> There is a message which contains:
>     Subject: PUTTANA NAZISTA MONICA LONGERI
>
> So I would expect this message to be filtered, but it is not. What is
> going wrong here?

Maybe it isn't a file with that name. I am pretty sure that message
filenames in Leafnode are consecutive numbers.  If so, the filter may
discard the file without looking inside.  It isn't mbox, which is
just one big file. But I am sticking my neck out, again!

Doug