[leafnode-list] Re: Why does this filter not work

> On 07/08/2017 20:28, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>
>> I have a message that I want to filter where there is a line:
>>      From: "Case Solution & Analysis" <casesolutionscentre@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> I define a filter rule:
>>      ^From: .*<casesolutionscentre@xxxxxxxxx>$
>>
>> But when I run applyfilter the message is not filtered.
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> I think it's the '$' - do you really need the address to be the last
> thing on the line?

âIt is and I prefer to have my filters as tight as possible.

But it was my newsreader that was caching things. I saw a lot of spam from
this sender. So I added it and ran applyfilter. But next messages where
still displayed.

Most of the times the next message is deleted when I go to it, but I now
found outâ

âthat it can be buffered.

So next time I should leave the group filter and then enter the group
again.â

They work fine.  Also, is the leading <TAB> just for clarity or really in
> your filters file?

âJust for clarity. It is not in the filters file.

--
Cecil Westerhof