[leafnode-list] Re: Clean Leafnode in Debian 9

Am 22.10.2017 um 21:30 schrieb Robert Wolfe:
> Hi all!
>
> I was wondering what I would need to do to reset message pointers for
> certain select newsgroups to the beginning in Leafnode under Debian 9
> (using the deb package that comes with Debian 9)?

I don't know the specifics of Debian packaging, generally, you may want to:

A. either look into the "-x" option to fetchnews, say, fetchnews -x
2000, to bump the pointers back by 2000 per each newsgroup

B. or

B. 1, first make sure that you have set maxage properly in your
configuration so you don't fetch the history all the way back to 1970,

B. 2. then erase the $spooldir/leaf.node/SERVER.NAME.EXAMPLE.ORG files,
and run fetchnews. Where SERVER.NAME.EXAMPLE.ORG is the name of the
server whose pointers you want to reset.

HTH
Matthias