[leafnode-list] Re: Builds of leafnode2 for OpenSUSE on OBS

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 22:22:28 +0200
MatÄj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2018-03-25, 19:32 GMT, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > As an openSUSE user, thank you! :-)
> >
> > It is possible that you can build packages for other distributions
> > using the openSUSE build system, too. I'm not familiar with the
> > procedure though.
>
> I know about it and I am deeply deeply suspicious about it.
> Whole business of packaging is to make all changes necessary for
> the given distribution, everything else should be done upstream.
> Thus cross-distro packaging is in my book contradictio in
> adjecto.
>
> So, for Fedora/RHEL I have maintained
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mcepl/leafnode-2/ â if
> anybody wants to take it over, I would be more than glad to pass
> it over.
>
> Best,
>
> MatÄj

I tried an OpenSUSE build for something else, and couldn't get it to
install on Mageia.  Even a different name for a dependency would break
the installation.  You would need to alter the .spec file to suit your
own distro.  That means accessing the SRPM.  As regards distro
structure, there are some generic .spec files around. From memory,
gtk-gnutella was one good one, although I never got the app itself to
work reliably.

Doug.

--
Mageia release 6 (Official) for x86_64
running 4.9.50-desktop-1.mga6 with DE=Xfce4