[leafnode-list] Re: Builds of leafnode2 for OpenSUSE on OBS

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 00:16:57 +0200
MatÄj Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2018-03-25, 20:50 GMT, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > Well, the idea is that you only have to maintain one source
> > set (package) and it automatically generate the packages for
> > several distribution. If it works it should save you time.
> > I have heard some say that it works.
>
> I know the idea, and I don't agree with it. Packages from OBS
> are known to be usually painful compromise between several
> standards not good anywhere. Particularly on Fedora/RHEL
> I always rebuilt such packages to be properly packaged according
> to the Fedora Packaging Guidelines.
>
> Best,
>
> MatÄj

Following on from what I wrote elsewhere, the OBS would need to be
fully aware of differences between distros, including names given to
dependencies. I prefer to rebuild the packages with rpmbuild to suit my
distro.

Doug.

--
Mageia release 6 (Official) for x86_64
running 4.9.50-desktop-1.mga6 with DE=Xfce4