Re: [leafnode-list] Can leafnode handle moderated groups?

David Marsh <dm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to know if leafnode can handle moderated newsgroups?

It can't, but there is no need to. It will just "POST" your article to the
group, just as if you use your newsreader to directly post to the group
while being online.

Your ISP's newsserver has to handle the posting and, as there is no
"Approved:"-header, send it to the moderator.

>  441 Posting Failed (Couldn't invoke mailer for Moderated Group)

A configuration error on your ISP's server.

> Spookily enough, some other users of my ISP have also reported
> similar errors (Windozers using different newsreaders, ie, not leafnode
> users!) recently, which rather makes me suspect that the problem may be at
> my ISP's end, and not with leafnode, but I'd just like to check!

Yep, that's right. Your ISP's newsserver cannot invoke the sendmail (or
whatever mail software is installed) to forward your article to teh
moderator by mail. As a workaround, you can mail it directly to the
moderator. His/her mailaddress should be found in the tagline of the
group; otherwise, you should be able to use
uk-telecom-moderated@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (?) as a fallback.

Regards,
Thomas