Re: [leafnode-list] Filtering revisited.

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 08:12:14PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 06:00:55PM +0200, Joerg Dietrich wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 06:21:31AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > No, you don't want to do this. Offering a group, subscribing to it and
> > filtering it by downloading all headers and checking the newsgroups:
> > line would probably qualify you as idiot of the week (sorry, if anybody
> > does so).
>
> I actually did this for a while flame groups which I know nobody will
> read - if it's in the crossposts, the article dies.

But then you don't do it to block a certain group (e.g. "I don't want
alt.sex.* on my system" or whatever someone decides is bad for the
system or its users), but in order not to read crossposts you know
you're not interested in. Not qualified, next one, please :-)

Regards,
	Jo:rg