Re: [leafnode-list] Problems with the latest tin?

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 05:17:20PM +0100, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > Urs Janßen says it is a Bug in Leafnode, not in Tin.
>
> Unfortunately, Urs has been frequently right about bugs in Leafnode :-(
> However, I have no idea what Leafnode might be doing wrong this time.

Did he really say this? If it's a leafnode bug, why should they fix it in
the next tin release?

Ok, what really happens is this (according to strace):
When you subscribe tin to a new newsgroup by pressing 's', tin sends a
GROUP 'group' command to leafnode to which the nntpd correctly replies
with "211 1 1 1 group 'group' selected". This means that there is one
article in this group. If tin then doesn't want to enter this group, it
really looks like tin bug to me. Any further action on this group, like
pressing enter or right arrow, does not lead to any NNTP commands send to
leafnode.

> > 2) Use the patch posted in tin.dev
>
> Can't find this.

Not sure, but could it be the patch Jason sent for select.c? I don't
know much about tin interna and didn't really have a lokk at it. Anyway,
the next tin release should happen within two days.

Regards,
	Jo:rg