Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews question

Phil Hunt wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > I fully agree with Lloyd's proposal. I also think that the selection
> > of servers with "-l" is a little antique. In leafnode-2.0, I want to
> > implement a solution with option "-S server.of.choice" which should
> > greatly increase flexibility. However, there is not much code written
> > for this as of yet - you have to have some more patience.
>
> What if a user wants to post some messages to one server, and other
> messages to another server, depending on what newsgroups they are
> posted to?

In my opinion, this doesn't make much sense. Leafnode automatically
detects whether a particular message can be posted on a particular
server. This causes a small (IMO rather unsignificant) NNTP command
overhead but makes leafnode configuration much more painless.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */