Re: [leafnode-list] Logo

Phil Hunt wrote:

> Regarding the web pages I have two comments.
>
> (1)  on the FAQ page you use html like this:
>
>    <FONT FACE="courier" SIZE="+1">
>        &nbsp; &nbsp; kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog.pid`
>    </FONT><br>
>
> On my system (Netscape 4.6 under linux) this appears in Helvetica
> which doesn't look very nice. I suggest you use:
>
>    <PRE>
>       kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog.pid`
>    </PRE>
>
> instead.

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work on Netscape 4.7 under Linux
(which is what I use). I've now tried to combine <font> and <pre>, but
I have no idea how this will look on other browsers than NS 4.7 (Linux)
and Mozilla (where it looks fairly sensible except for the large amount
of whitespace around the courier).

> (2) On the main page (index.html) you have underlined some of the
> headings, eg:
>
>    <LI><u>Leafnode</u> is the NNTP server.  It talks to the normal news
>    clients,
>    and stores readership data.
>
> I suggest you don't do this; the normal convention for HTML is that
> underlining means it's a hyperlink.

Usually, hyperlinked stuff is also colored. I experimented with other
particular case, underlining was most appropriate.

> Overall I think the web pages are a good, clean design. I like the
> subtle shades of grey/cream used.

Kudos to Thomas Bader for the colours :-)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */