Re: [leafnode-list] New FAQ item (add to top, please)

> Recently, there have been a lot of reports to about leafnode (and other
> stuff) not compiling (on Linux), looking like this
> (rf. <38A495C1.BCFE7AB6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

Thanks for this. I included it as the first question in the FAQ.

> Cornelius, you might also consider explicitly checking for linux kernel
> includes from configure.in.

While this will be a bit difficult, it is certainly something that should
be tested. I wonder if one could just test whether something that requires
kernel parameters can be compiled. For example, the following program
should not compile on a machine with 2.2.x and glibc2.1:

#include <resolv.h>
int main( void ) {
    return 0;
}

because /usr/include/resolv.h includes /usr/include/sys/param.h which
includes /usr/include/linux/limits.h. I don't know, however, what happens
if you try to compile this on some other Unix without kernel sources.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */