Re: [leafnode-list] Running texpire.

Hello Jesper,

> When cron is running texpire as news i get this error message:
> [news@luke news]$ /usr/local/sbin/texpire
> Reading configuration failed, exiting (see syslog for more information).
> [news@luke news]$
>
> The trouble is that i have no syslog.

There is no /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog? In that case, you
should enable it; otherwise you will never notice why something goes
wrong on your system. How to do this is explained in the manpages
of syslogd.conf(5) and syslogd(8).

The most likely problem is that /etc/leafnode/config cannot be read
by the user news.

HTH,
--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */