Re: [leafnode-list] Sending an INT signal to fetchnews

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 10:11:19AM +0100, David Given wrote:
> [...]
> >> Call me stupid, but could somebody tell me how I would do this?
> >
> >kill -INT `cat /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck`
> >
> >If you run fetchnews interactively, Ctrl-C will do as well.
>
> On some systems this works instead:
>
> killall -INT fetchnews

I'd not get in the habit of using killall if I were you.  Bad mojo if you
do that on some other systems.

use /bin/kill fetchnews instead.  At least it won't accidently bring down
your system.

Oh, btw, C-c doesn't work for me under linux.  It just stops processing.
No overview update.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and be right all the time, or not work at all