[leafnode-list] MLM software (was: Suggestion: Announcements only list)

* Cornelius Krasel <krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Colin Brough wrote:

>> Would there be any interest in a low-traffic announcements only list
>> for leafnode?

> Since BeroList sucks and I am too dumb for Listar

Listar sucks, too. There are two good MLMs out there: MailMan and
ezmlm. MailMan must be working for some people because a lot of big
lists run with it. Personally, I've had nothing but trouble with it (and
I just *hate* GUI administration).

> I suggest that you send me email when you want to be put on a new list. I
> can then put a list of email addresses together and feed these to exim
> directly which works very nicely. I'll try to implement automatic Cc: to
> leafnode-list of messages posted to leafnode-announce in the future.

That sounds kinda kludgy IYAM.  Any chance of switching to
qmail/ezmlm-idx? I run all my lists with it and it's pure joy:

,----
| ezmlm-0.53 provides basic message distribution, subscriber address
| handling, message archiving (single quoted message retrieval only), and
| bounce handling. ezmlm-idx adds multi-message threaded archive
| retrieval, digests, remote administration, message and subscription
| moderation, subscriber-only restrictions, message trailer, subject
| prefix, subscriber name storage, customizable setup, multi-language and
| MIME support and more. In addition, improved bounce handling,
| case-insensitive subscriber address storage, and support for distributed
| lists (main + sublist transparent to the subscriber). Ezmlm-idx can now
| be compiled with MySQL or Postgres support.
`----
Just my DM.2
--
Robin S. Socha <http://socha.net/>