Re: [leafnode-list] ANNOUNCE: leafnode-2.0b5_ma6

Stefan Fleiter <stefan.fleiter@xxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 05:13:56AM +0100 Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> Hi again :-)
>
> > - - Makefile fix: don't append {0,0} in configparam_data.c, should fix
> >   configparam related crashes (reported by Stefan Fleiter)
>
> Partly.
> Now I at least get error messages and no crash, but leafnode still is
> not working for me.
>

> # telnet localhost nntp
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to mobile.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> no server declaration in config file
> 503 Unable to read configuration from /etc/news/leafnode/config,
> exiting (Destination address required)

Strange. I don't have that problem:
# netcat emma1 119
no expire declaration in config file
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 2.0b5_ma6 running at emma1.emma.line.org
quit
205 Always happy to serve!

That first line is clearly a bug, but I don't see that 503.

What Linux distribution are you using? Which version? What environment
is your leafnode started in?

I assume you start leafnode from inetd, so please try:

ps axuwe | grep inetd

Note if you set GPG or PGP passwords in your environment, please don't
quote the PGPPASS variable! Also watch out for other personal data that
is to be protected.