Re: [leafnode-list] A filter?

Ross Slade wrote:

> Below are two examples of partial message headers which I'm trying to avoid
> downloading. Unfortunately the filters aren't working...can anyone please tell
> me what's wrong with the filters?

[...]

> From: Floyd <no.email@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: aus.net.access
> Subject: Re: Fatboy hehehe
> Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 00:56:00 GMT
>

> ^From:.*no\.email@bigpond\.com.*[, ]aus.net.access$
> ^From:.*no\.email@bigpond\.com.*[, ]aus.net.access,

You are trying to impose a filter on one newsgroup only. This doesn't
work with the current version of Leafnode. You can only filter on all
newsgroups at once.

OTOH, if you have only a few messages you want to filter out, it is
much faster to use a killfile in the newsreader anyway. Filtering
is only sensible if a large number of postings is affected because
it slows down downloading, especially on slower computers.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */