[leafnode-list] filterfile

Greetings.

The following question concerns leafnode-1.9.4-7 on a SuSE Linux 6.4
or 6.3 box.

I have the following lines in/etc/leafnode/config

## maxlines will make fetch reject postings that are longer than a certain
## amount of lines.
   maxlines = 2000

## minlines will make fetch reject postings that are shorter than a certain
## amount of lines.
# minlines = 2

## maxbytes will make fetch reject postings that are larger
   maxbytes = 15000

[...]

## filterfile
filterfile = /etc/leafnode/filters

and /etc/leafnode/filters contains the following regexp.

^Newsgroups:.*binaries\.pictures.*

When I try this with fetchmail verbosity set to 4 and
alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.female, I find that the regexp does not
get applied, whereas the maxlines and maxbytes limits do get applied.

What is wrong with my regexp?

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Marko Riedel